Educating and Nurturing Since 1953
Admission of students without regard to race, religion, or color
518 283 0333
42 Dana Ave
Wynantskill, NY 12198
7:30am - 5:30pm
Monday - Friday
123 456 789
New York, NY 90210
07:30 - 19:00
Monday to Friday
The School Board here at St Jude the Apostle School is an Advisory School Board guided by the Diocese of Albany and the mission of providing a Catholic Education to all who desire to receive one. Our board is a dedicated group of past parents, current parents, parishioners and local business owners who care deeply about our students, school and Catholic education. They are committed to providing guidance and advisement to help lead our School toward a sustainable model for years to come.
The purposes of an Advisory School Board within the Diocese of Albany for Elementary Schools is to provide consultation and support for the decision making process. By definition, a consultative, or advisory, board is one that operates in the policy-making
process by proposing and developing, but not enacting policies. To call a group “consultative” does not diminish its importance; rather, it indicates that the body is inserted into the governance structure of the organization in a significant way. The constituting authority establishes those areas where the board is to be consulted.
1. The school board is advisory to the pastor and the principal and its members are appointed by the canonical authority (i.e. pastor)
2. Since the school is part of a diocesan system of schools, the authority of the local school board is subject to that of the Diocesan School Board.
3. The role of the school board is to advise on policies; the school board neither manages nor addresses the day-to-day operations of the school.
4. The underlying guidance of any board action must always act in concert with school’s stated mission and vision as well as diocesan policy. Its actions are consistent with the teachings of the Church and the faith formation of the students in mind.
5. All recommended policies are submitted to the pastor and principal for approval before implementation.
6. The school advisory board has authority to recommend allocation of the financial resources of the school to the Parish Finance Council but it has no authority over the general revenues of the parish or the school.
7. Advisory boards are part of the consultative process with the pastor/parish life director in the elementary schools and the superintendent of schools in the hiring, evaluation, and/or termination of a principal.
8. Each elected or appointed member of the board can vote on recommendations for consideration by the pastor and principal.
Carol Ryan – School Board President
George Ceresia -School Board Vice President
Stacy Cepiel – School Board Secretary
Joe Kruczinicki – Member
Paul Lombardi – Member
Sean Moore – Member
John Santora – Member
Michelle Wyanski – Member
Kara Schneible – Member
John Dalmata – Member
John Mazzariello – Member